Pregnancy is an exciting new chapter in life. Much thought and preparation are needed to welcome your new bundle of joy! Here are useful tips that may help you through these crucial months.
1. Sleep. Get as much sleep as you can before the baby arrives because there's hardly going to be any sleeping for the next year (especially while breastfeeding). Try The BodyPillow by Tempur-Pedic, an ideal pillow support for side sleepers and expectant mothers.
2. Exercise. Get some form of exercise while you're pregnant, this can provide an easier time during labor. Stillpoint Manila offers prenatal and postnatal yoga which can help ease into one's pregnancy by offering correct posture for the upper and lower back. Aqualogic Swim Co. offers Aquafitness, aerobic exercises performed in water gentle enough for moms to be.
3. Skin Care. Invest in a good moisturizer to prevent stretch marks and scars. Try One Planet Noah's Oasis Soothing VoCo Cream for Ultra Sensitive Skin. It's an all natural cream made up of Virgin Coconut Oil and Avocado Oil. This non greasy multitasking cream can be used all over the face and body, it may also be used on your newborn.
4. Read up. Go to your local bookstore and pick up a book on parenting, such as Dr. Spock's Baby and Child Care or What to Expect When You're Expecting. They can serve as a guide for first time parents by health experts and different experiences from other parents.
5. Do a baby shower registry. What better way to make shopping easier by putting together a registry for your all your baby's needs. For moms who plan to breastfeed, try a double electric breast pump by Medela. The Medela house also offers breastfeeding workshops.
6. Photograph. A lot of things may be happening all at once on the day of your child's delivery. You may now hire a photographer to document all the firsts at the hospital (baby's first bath, weight and length measurements, visitors and that day's headlines) for a stress free experience for both parents. Try Oh Happy Day Birth Photography to capture your child's birth story.
These are just a few important tips for first time moms to ease into their pregnancies. Always consult your OB-Gyne before trying anything new during these times.